A solid bedrock of understanding of Bitcoin as well as an overview of the higher-level concepts and trends that dominate the field. The Layman's Guide to Bitcoin is rather short and assumes only basic computer literacy, but goes far beyond an introduction to this fascinating technology. Using accessible language, illustrations, and examples, it provides a solid bedrock of understanding as well as an overview of the higher-level concepts and trends that dominate the field.
After reading this book, you'll be able to interpret new developments within the field, hold your own in conversation among both friends and experts, and perhaps most importantly, recognize opportunities as this technology becomes more practical and commonplace.
The reader will be guided through the following questions:
- What is Bitcoin, and how does it differ from systems like PayPal or the US dollar?
- How does it work? What if it gets hacked?
- Where does the value of bitcoin come from? What economic systems determine the price?
- What does it mean to "own" a bitcoin? Are they stored on your computer or the Internet?
- Why is there so much hype?
- What uses does Bitcoin have today, that traditional money can't support?
- What impact could Bitcoin have on the world, or on you in particular?
- What about other cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum or Dash?
- The Layman's Guide to Bitcoin
The Layman's Guide to Bitcoin
A solid bedrock of understanding of Bitcoin as well as an overview of the higher-level concepts and trends that dominate the field.
No ratings yet
Sign in or Register to maintain control of your submissions and receive direct tips.
No reviews yet
Notice: Undefined variable: githuburl in coinrated/components/listings/detail.vue on line 383
Notice: Undefined variable: feeds_data in coinrated/components/listings/detail.vue on line 418